subota, 4. lipnja 2011.

Eating Manna

"For forty long years, God's people daily eat manna - a substance whose name literally means 'What is it?' Hungry, they choose to gather up that which is baffling. They fill on that which has no meaning. More than 14,600 days they take their daily nourishment from that which they don't comprehend. They find soul-filling in the inexplicable.
They eat the mystery.
They eat the mystery.
And the mystery, that which made no sense, is 'like wafers of honey' on the lips."




This is written by Ann Voskamp in One Thousand Gifts. These words, these thoughts penetrated deep inside my inner core. They linger in my mind throughout the day. And this is how I now try to live my life. This is what I pray for at night, thinking about the day ahead. And each day seems overwhelming. And I open my soul toward my Hope and I trust Him for the manna. Open my heart in trust and I eat the manna. And it is like honey on my lips.

I'm learning and breathing deeply.
Thank you for this day, Lord.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar