četvrtak, 10. rujna 2009.

It was never a custom of mine to make new decisions and resolutions at the beginning of the year, and I still can't get the hang of it. For me, the year used to begin in September. When school was starting. The whole year cycle had its beginning and end there - in that time of buying school stuff, getting new (no matter how second hand) books, the smell of classrooms, a new school bag, homework, socks... It was just the most special feeling in the world.

Back in those days I had no love for the "lightness" of Summer, "the livin' is easy..." mood; I only craved shawls and jumpers. And books, and long dark afternoons, and being deep about great matters of life:))).

Nowadays, things are a lot different, in the sense that I really love the Summer season, I love it when my kids get a lot of sunshine and when they get to swim and play on the beach, get all tanned and happy. But my feelings about the September never changed.

All this to say how happy I am that we are in this month of September, in the month of new beginnings, new smells and new decisiveness:). Maybe it doesn't seem like that, especially if you live in warm areas where Autumn just won't kick off, but it's there, just around the corner.

I hope I'll see you on a rainy afternoon, when the skies are terribly gloomy and the wind is blowing the rain in every direction (the most annoying kind:) and we'll run into a nice little cafe, take off our wet coats, have a warm cup of coffee and be merry.

3 komentara:

  1. Ivana... this Croatian stuff is really confusing me. :-) It took me a while to figure out how to leave you a comment.

    Anyway, I've made my first post also. Do you know how to format the page so the words don't get really skinny on the side?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I know:)! it's really hard for me too! I have no idea what I'm doing... I+m so sorry I can't help:( but I'm so glad you're here:))

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Thanks for the background idea! It looks so nice. :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši