srijeda, 24. listopada 2012.

I know I haven't blogged in, like, forever

"I know I haven't blogged in, like, forever", as a fellow Twitteritarian would remark, but here I am. So let's make the most of it.

Family life - going full blast. Jakov 9, Josip soon to be 8, Luka almost 3. School is a much bigger challenge to my kids than it ever was for me, which still surprises me at every turn. Somehow I thought it would be different. But, I concede, this IS better, for He definitely knows what He's doing.

Miro is very busy serving in many ways to our church and town, and studying for his MA in NT Theology. One more week of absence in November and then we part no more. I wish.

I've started reading more and also translating and editing more. Recently I started translating for the HRT (our national radio television station), which was a great boost - for a while there I started doubting my talents, lost in the maze of family micromanagement where, I guess, most of us feel like failures. Some of us and sometimes, at least.

I seldom blog, which made me think about why it is so. I think that my own mental and our family dynamic is overwhelmingly intricate and my mind rarely finds shortcuts in expression, which results in a reluctance to "jot it all down." Therefore, I will try to restrict my writing to reviews of books, whether children's or adult, fiction or non-fiction and random thoughts on varied subjects. Emphasis on random.

Today I edited a scholarly summary on a Croatian Protestant noble family from the 16/17 century. The author is a wonderful American missionary who had spent most of his life in Croatia, and will now get a superb opportunity to give a summary of his work about this family to none other than our President! Soli Deo Gloria!

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar